- Is three fourths the same as three quarters?
- What is the opposite of residence?
- What is the difference between quarter and quarters?
- What is every 4 months called?
- What is another word for 1 4?
- What is a one quarter of 24?
- Why is 1/4 called a quarter?
- What is the meaning of one fourth?
- What is the opposite of Adobe?
- What quarter means?
- What is quarter of an hour?
- What is the opposite of quarters?
- Is one fourth and one quarter the same?
- What is the special word for a quarter in Spanish?
Is three fourths the same as three quarters?
Three-fourths is the same as three-quarters..
What is the opposite of residence?
What is the opposite of residence?departureleavehegiraleavingpartingretreatfleeingflightretirementwithdrawal6 more rows
What is the difference between quarter and quarters?
As nouns the difference between quarters and quarter is that quarters is (quarter) while quarter is any one of four equal parts into which something has been divided.
What is every 4 months called?
The term for a four month period is quadrimester. Quad = 4 mense= month.
What is another word for 1 4?
What is another word for one-fourth?quarterfourthquadquadrantpartportionsectiondivisionfarthingtwenty-five percent2 more rows
What is a one quarter of 24?
6Answer and Explanation: One-fourth of 24 is 6. To get to this answer, use the following steps: Divide 24 by 4.
Why is 1/4 called a quarter?
Quarter is a loanword, from Old French quarter or quartier. It’s first recorded in English in the late thirteenth century. Interestingly, the earliest recorded meanings of “quarter” in England are not simply “a fourth part”, but certain specialized senses: a unit of capacity of grain.
What is the meaning of one fourth?
1. one-fourth – one of four equal parts; “a quarter of a pound” fourth part, one-quarter, quarter, quartern, twenty-five percent, fourth. common fraction, simple fraction – the quotient of two integers. Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.
What is the opposite of Adobe?
The word adobe means ‘mudbrick’ in Spanish and may refer to a type of clay or the sun-dried bricks formed from this clay. It may also refer to a structure or house built out of adobe bricks. There are no categorical antonyms for this word.
What quarter means?
noun. one of the four equal or equivalent parts into which anything is or may be divided: a quarter of an apple; a quarter of a book. a fourth part, especially of one (¼). one fourth of a U.S. or Canadian dollar, equivalent to 25 cents.
What is quarter of an hour?
quarter of an hour (plural quarters of an hour) fifteen minutes.
What is the opposite of quarters?
What is the opposite of quarter?confusedisarrangedisregardevictforgetleavemoveremoveunsettleturn away5 more rows
Is one fourth and one quarter the same?
A “quarter” is far more commonly used in conversation than a “fourth” but both mean “one part in four” (1/4). A “quarter” is a countable part so you can have two quarters or three quarters (such as pieces of a cake or pie).
What is the special word for a quarter in Spanish?
You would say “cuarto de dólar”, if I am correct. For ‘coin’ you say ‘moneda’.